2 November 2017

Here's to patterns being disrupted


'Confusion is a place between places.
The area where my true sense of direction
is obscured by the mists of varying emotion.
The moment before settling into my body
and allowing the potent feeling to fill me...
.
.
Here's to confusion...
here's to patterns being disrupted
by life's unpredictable tempo.
Here's to not knowing,
yet somehow grasping
I can withstand
and bend just like open waters;
being receptive to the teachings
of contrast and change
and to finally seeing.
Here's to lost footing—
to being thrown off balance
and breaking through
my deep-grooved thinking
and out-dated styles of perceiving.
Here's to walking into waves
of fresh ideas and
radical ways of being.
Here's to frustration
and disorientation.
To climbing out of the rut of habit
and swimming in waters of freedom.
Here's to to discomfort
and dissatisfaction;
how they lead me to deeper paths
and redirect my attention to
the light of alternative reason.
And here's to pains of truth
overcoming erroneous roots...
Here's to forming new concepts,
gathering bold insights,
and to gaining with each untried day,
a life of profound meaning.'
(~written by Susan Frybort, author of 'Open Passages' and 'Hope is a Traveler')

No comments: